Chris has had over 24 years of experience as an Employee Benefits Advisor. He partners with closely held businesses, mid-size and large employers to successfully design and manage cost effective benefits programs, Health Care Reform compliance, and Health and Wellness strategies. He also works with individuals and families to design Long Term Care and Risk Management Strategies,
Throughout his career Chris has demonstrated a passion for helping people. With a background of 17 years of non-profit employment with the American Red Cross – Blood Services, his first employer, he successfully served our community in effectively helping to meet the blood, platelet, and bone marrow needs of the patients in our regional hospitals.
In May 2013 Chris was honored to be inducted into the Maryland Health Underwriters Association (MAHU) Hall of Fame. He has served on the Sponsorship and Legislative committees for the MAHU and the Baltimore Health Underwriters Association (BAHU). He was the 2009 recipient of the coveted BAHU Person of the Year Award. In 2013-14 he served as the Chairman of the MAHU Political Action Committee (PAC).
For over 35 years Chris has served on the Board of Directors and is currently the Board Secretary of Buddies, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to sponsoring underprivileged inner city children in the Baltimore City Police Explorer Scout Program.
When not serving his business client partners, Chris enjoys time with his wife, their five children, and their families. His interests include history, politics, sports, health and nutrition, fishing, environmental restoration, meteorology, and helping disabled friends with needs.
Professional Affiliations & Education:
- Board Member – Baltimore Association of Health Underwriters (BAHU) 1993-2003
- Chairman of BAHU Sponsorship Committee 1993-2000
- Board Member – Maryland Association of Health Underwriters (MAHU) 2004-2014
- Chairman of BAHU and MAHU Legislative Committees 2000-2013
- Chairman of the MAHU PAC 2011-2013
- Buddies, Inc. – Secretary, Board of Directors 2003-current
- B.A. Business Administration – St. Andrews University Laurinburg, NC